This code of conduct outlines what we expect of pupils and parents/carers during remote learning.
Much of this echoes our expectations of pupils in lessons when in school and all of it is designed to help pupils gain the most benefit from online learning.
Parents/Carers must read the following information and then complete the online link below to confirm they agree to this code of conduct. Gastrells will not be held responsible for any incidents that occur if the code of conduct has not been followed.
- Myself and my parents/carers, will check my Teams account (Tapestry for Owls) regularly to keep track of online sessions and learning.
- I understand that my teacher will only be available between 9:00am and 4:00pm.
- I will only use Teams / Tapestry as directed by the teacher and will only upload material that is related to my learning.
- I understand that myself & my parent/carer are responsible for my Teams email and login details.
- I will not use my Teams login details to communicate with anyone other than my class teacher and ONLY when directed to do so
- I will not use my Teams email to create groups, initiate calls or initiate meetings and will end Teams sessions when the teacher tells me to do so.
- During any live sessions, my parent/carer must be present in the room or in the next room with the door open so they can see and hear everything that is happening during the live session.
- I will not take photos of my screen or record online interactions in any way without permission from the staff member.
- I will make sure that my communication in the online learning environment is always supportive of my learning and the learning and wellbeing of others.
- If taking part in a live sessions I will make sure that…
- I am on time for the start of the lesson
- my environment is quiet and free from distractions where possible
- I will mute my microphone as I login unless asked to unmute.
- I will use the ‘hand up’ icon if I want to ask a question.
- The background (and foreground) is appropriate and as neutral as possible (please be mindful of what is visible behind you/in front of you)
- I am appropriately dressed
- I remain attentive
- I communicate in a courteous way at all times to both teachers and fellow pupils
Remember what we always say about social media, when you type something, ‘it’s always there and you can’t take it back’. So be careful of what you say and write on ALL of our online learning platforms.
Please click the following link: https://forms.gle/41cNAbo2eRFERQtM8
to give permission.