Our Teaching Team
Checkout our latest posts from our class blog below or just hit to button to get to our complete blog. It’s the best way to get the most up-to-date information about what we are up to and also has some great images – so dive in!!!
- In our Art lesson this week we created pictures to illustrate the Fireworks poems we have been writing in English. Peregrines explores using chalk pastels on black paper, using smudging techniques to create different effects to show the impression of the movement of fireworks against the night sky. Children painted a bonfire, and used glue […]
- The classroom was more colourful than usual today as Peregrines came to school in casual clothes to raise money for Children in Need.
- Peregrines have been looking at different poems in English, and this week began writing their own poem to describe Bonfire Night. We read examples of fireworks poems and collected together a word bank of useful vocabulary and descriptive phrases, before talking about our own experiences of fireworks night. Children were challenged to use different verbs, […]
- Year 2 Peregrines have been learning to create noun phrases using adjectives, as part of their Spelling and Grammar. This will help them to use adventurous words in their poetry writing this week. We have looked at different ways to describe nouns, and how an adjective can change the whole meaning of a sentence. Today […]
- During the second week of World Awareness activities, Peregrines learned about the life and work of the Argentinian artist, Antonio Berni. Berni started as a painter, but in later life began creating collage using recycled materials. His pictures often show people living the the city of Buenos Aries, surrounded by piles of litter. Peregrines got […]
- Peregrines were visited by Julie Fowler this week, who introduced children to modelling in clay. Before starting to model, pupils handled some clay, and even left footprints in a slab of clay. Our clay project was to sketch a landscape showing the Andes mountains of Argentina onto a plaque of clay. Peregrines went out into […]
- Peregrines rolled their sleeves up today to get cooking for World Awareness Week. Pupils made empanadas with apple and dulce de leche, which is a caramel spread from Argentina. Empanadas are a popular snack food in Argentina, and can have a variety of fillings. We filled a disc of pastry with apple which we prepared […]
- Peregrines were lucky enough to try out some new science games. The children in Osprey’s class have created some special science games to help us learn all about magnets. The children in Peregrines loved learning all about this topic and enjoyed playing the fantastic game creations. Well done and thank you Ospreys!
- Peregrines and Owls made excellent use of this wonderful sunshine. They put their walking shoes on and made their way up to Rodborough Common . They were able to see lots of different plants, animals and trees! After reaching our final destination, they were all rewarded with a yummy ice cream to cool them down.
- After a fantastic 3 art sessions, Peregrines have finally created their rainforest masterpiece. It looks absolutely incredible and all the children worked brilliantly! Thank you so much to Otis and Xander’s Mimi for helping us to out this display together. We have really enjoyed it!