Our Teaching Team
Checkout our latest posts from our class blog below or just hit to button to get to our complete blog. It’s the best way to get the most up-to-date information about what we are up to and also has some great images – so dive in!!!
- Peregrines have been studying different stories about dragons this term, and have written about their pet dragons in English. We also been busy using air drying clay. We looked at the footprints of different wild animals, before discussing what we thought a dragon’s footprint might look like. We then used clay making tools to make […]
- Peregrines joined Ospreys and Owls on the school field for an afternoon of different running events. Children completed three different activities, competing in three teams in a relay race, a hill climb, and a cone collecting circuit.
- Peregrines have been reflecting on the current lockdown restrictions, and yesterday wrote a list poem in English, listing five things they are planning to do once Covid safety restrictions are lifted. Some of these included visiting grandparents, going to the seaside, playing with cousins, having a sleepover, or just meeting up at a friends house. […]
- In our Science lesson about plants this afternoon with Miss Clarke, Peregrines learned about the different parts of a tree, and drew a labelled diagram of a tree. Peregrines went out onto the school field and used oil pastels to create a rubbing, to show the bark patterns of the different trees growing there.
- This week Peregrines reflected on the strange time we are living through, as they completed an activity to go into our class time capsule, which will be opened by the future Peregrines class of the year 2050. We thought about the events that have happened over the past year, and made a list of all […]
- Peregrines had fun joining in with the Hearts While We’re Apart project started by Friends of Gastrells (FoG). The idea was to make a heart to share with all the Gastrells friends that we are missing during this lockdown period. As you will see below, we have had some lovely work sent in from home […]
- Peregrines all ate together in the hall today, where Christmas dinner was served, along with a party cracker!
- Here is the video version of our class play, ‘A Magical Christmas Journey’, from the live performance last Thursday. Thankyou to everyone who helped us put it all together. A Magical Christmas Journey from Gastrells Primary School on Vimeo.