Our Teaching Team
Checkout our latest posts from our class blog below or just hit to button to get to our complete blog. It’s the best way to get the most up-to-date information about what we are up to and also has some great images – so dive in!!!
- Peregrines all ate together in the hall today, where Christmas dinner was served, along with a party cracker!
- Here is the video version of our class play, ‘A Magical Christmas Journey’, from the live performance last Thursday. Thankyou to everyone who helped us put it all together. A Magical Christmas Journey from Gastrells Primary School on Vimeo.
- Peregrines took the stage last Thursday, to finally perform their class play. ‘A Magical Christmas Journey’ told the story of a group of children who followed a magical star to the stable where Jesus was born, meeting sheep, kings, angels and shepherds, and singing lots of songs along the way. The children all did very […]
- Peregrines class have had great fun this term in a series of lessons creating music using percussion to explore the beats and rhythms of Brazilian Samba music. The lessons were with Mr. Evans from Make Music Gloucestershire, who introduced children to each of the instruments, and showed pupils how they each played a different part […]
- Hello Peregrines, Parents and Carers, I have sent out the link to the Zoom meeting which will host a live broadcast of our class play performance, ‘A Magical Christmas Journey’. Please email me if you have not received the message by email: email@example.com The children have enjoyed seeing the play come together, and have their […]
- Peregrines started their art lesson this week by learning about cherry blossom trees, and how they are celebrated at the Hanami festival in Japan. The first stage of our painting was to draw around our hand, and then trace the outline with dark brown oil pastel. The hand print was then painted tree bark brown, […]
- In this week’s Samba drumming session With Make Music Gloucestershire, Peregrines all took a turn on a new percussion instrument. Children tried out new rhythms, and completed a rhythm grid to follow a pattern of beats. They copied patterns of clapping from the visiting drumming tutor, Mr. Evans, and finally played their instruments together, following […]
- On Friday, Peregrines got to grips with maths mental recall, as they did their weekly Maths Passports challenge. Children are given five minutes to see how many facts they can recall on their test sheet before the timer is up. I was pleased this week to see so many children starting to make great progress […]
- On Wednesday, Peregrines welcomes some visitors in the class. Anita and Harold the Giraffe came from an organisation called SCARF, who specialise in PSHE teaching resources. Harold the Giraffe was a familiar face to the children, as he often stars in videos featured on the SCARF website. In the lesson, Peregrines learned all about important […]
- It was great to see the whole class in their gladrags today, as Peregrines all came to school dressed up to raise money for Children in Need.