Our Teaching Team
Checkout our latest posts from our class blog below or just hit to button to get to our complete blog. It’s the best way to get the most up-to-date information about what we are up to and also has some great images – so dive in!!!
- In art, we have been using nature to create patterns on the floor. Take a look at our creations so far!
- We have had a super start to our learning! Peregrines have been using resources and technology to improve their knowledge of number bonds to 10, 20 and in some cases, beyond!
- Peregrines had a great start to their final week of the year with a fun Forest School session with Mr. Meadows. Peregrines investigated what made the rocket fire the furthest: more water? More air? Peregrines took it in turns to hold the launching pipe as the upturned bottle was pumped full of air, while the […]
- In Science this term Peregrines having been learning about minibeast creatures that live in garden habitats. This week Miss Turberville took the class outside to the pond area to design and build a hotel for minibeast. Children took turns to bring sticks, hay, soil, flowers and leaves to the bug hotel, and talked about which […]
- In Computing lessons this term, Peregrines have been learning to program sequences of instructions to make their beebot follow a chosen route. They used a map with roads, before designing their own street layout to guide the beebot through.
- On Thursday morning, Peregrines set out across Gastrells playing field headed uphill for Rodborough Common. We wound our way up to Winstones Ice Cream, where we settled down for a class picnic lunch together, followed by an ice cream treat. On the way back we stopped by a big ‘dippy’ to play games and hunt […]
- Peregrines had an exciting day out this week at Slimbridge Wildfowl and Wetlands Trust. Pupils started the day with a pond dipping investigation to see the large variety of creatures that made the pond environment their habitat: beetles, snails, fish, tadpoles, larvae, skaters and lots of others were fished from the pond with nets. After […]
- In their Science lesson with Miss Turberville this week, Peregrines went out around the school grounds investigating habitats for small creatures and insects. We found woodlice, beetles, bees, worms and many other bugs making their homes in different places.
- Peregrines had a wonderful day out in the woods at Copsegrove Farm today. We searched for animal skulls and animals with awesome powers. We made tree trolls from clay and dens for our cuddly friends, as well as tasty wraps and marshmallows toastedon the campfire. Thankyou to Kate at Copsegrove for all the really interesting […]
- What are the best materials for constructing a house? This was the question that Peregrines investigated with Miss Turberville, in the final session of their current Science topic about materials. Children were presented with different materials with which to build a house: paper straws; duplo bricks; wooden blocks; sheets of paper; playdo. Each material had […]