Our Teaching Team
Checkout our latest posts from our class blog below or just hit to button to get to our complete blog. It’s the best way to get the most up-to-date information about what we are up to and also has some great images – so dive in!!!
- We set off from school across the Common for an end of term treat yesterday, and were blessed with bright sunshine for our walk. We used the money collected from our Summer Poetry booklet to buy each of the children in Ospreys an ice cream. Advertisements
- On Monday, Ospreys welcomed pupils from Peregrines to our class, to try out the magnet games designed by Ospreys over the last few weeks. Peregrines were challenged to guide a boat with a magnet without touching it, to find their way through a haunted house without getting ghosts stuck to them; to follow a river […]
- Ospreys were in action for all the different events at sports day on Friday. Everyone did very well in the individual mini Olympic events before lunch, and there were some really close finishes on the Year 2 and Year 3 races. We were very proud to get so many medals in our class, and well […]
- On Wednesday morning Ospreys walked to Rodborough Church to see the finished art installation featuring the butterflies, caterpillars, and eggs that the children made a couple of weeks ago, with local artists Susie Walker and Lorraine de Col. Susie and Lorraine have used models made by pupils in Gastrells and Rodborough Schools, to create a […]
- Ospreys’ homework task for next week is to learn by a heart a poem by Robert Louis Stevenson. Children have been given a choice of two poems, and should choose one to learn, to recite it in class in the week beginning Monday 24th June. Those pupils who feel confident enough will recite their choice […]
- As past of Gastrells sports week, Ospreys were visited by coaches from Atlas Sports, to learn how to play handball. Pupils practiced their movement and response skills with a tagging game, before getting to grips with catching and throwing the small spongy ball. Then we got into a 6 a-side game.
- On Wednesday morning, Ospreys set out from school to walk along the cycle track to Inchbrook, to visit Dunkirk Mill Museum, where we were met by volunteers from Stroud Textiles Trust. We started our tour with a look around the outside of the huge nineteenth century mill complex, to see the way in which fast […]
- Ospreys started this term in Literacy by reading stories about the journey of a river, from the source high in the mountains to the mouth where it meets the sea. Pupils were able to use all the learning we have done in our topic work about water and the environment, our workshop with Severn Trent […]
- Ospreys are learning skills for batting and fielding games this term, and today had a rounders match with Haresfield v Painswick and Selsley. Children learned the importance of communicating in a team when deciding whether to run to the next base, and catching and throwing skills were put to the test when fielding,
- Today Ospreys were visited by local artists Lorraine De Col and Susie Walker, to make butterfly sculptures for an art installation which will feature in Rodborough Hidden Gardens Project. We started by each making a caterpillar from recycled materials, tying strips of fabric around a foam body to form a multi coloured caterpillar. After break […]