We have produced the short film below to give prospective parents a taste of life at Gastrells and below that is a slideshow from our Q & A Session on the 2nd December.
Closure of School to all children except those of Key Workers, with an EHCP or otherwise vulnerable
Dear parents / carers,
The Government has directed that all schools are to switch to remote learning for all but those who either have key worker parents, are vulnerable or have an EHCP, from Tuesday 5th January. If you believe that your child/ren is/are included in this criteria, please could you let us know by completing the simple questionnaire via the link below:
Learning for all classes will be provided via Teams, apart from Owls who will be accessing learning via Tapestry. This will be a mixture of different tasks and activities and will include live activities. We are also in the process of setting up eBooks from Harper Collins for the use of Owls and Peregrines. It is expected that all children complete activities and engage with learning, we do however appreciate that for those parents trying to work from home this can be challenging. Please do email us if there are any issues:
- Kate Merriman: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jake Muskett: email@example.com
- Ben Lowe: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lauren Kelly: email@example.com
- Sarah Richardson: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kayleigh Grace: email@example.com
- Clive Payne: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Chloe Woolls: email@example.com
- Fiona Radway: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Admin: email@example.com
Please also let us know if your child/ren will not have access to the internet and we will do our best to provide additional support (i.e., a laptop or extra data).
For Key Worker children we will be still be offering breakfast and after school club and we will review this in due course and keep you informed.
As previously should your child or anyone in your household present any Covid symptoms please make sure you do not send them into school, and then follow the guidelines.
Thank you as ever for your continued support and understanding,
Welcome to Gastrells Primary School
Gastrells Community Primary School is a thriving primary school in the Rodborough area of Stroud. We are a friendly, welcoming school where children achieve well in all aspects of school life.
At Gastrells Primary School we believe in a ‘Flying Start to a Life of Learning’. We teach the skills, knowledge and values that children need to handle the complexity and diversity of today’s world. As the children grow, we expect that they will gain respect for themselves, for each other and for the world in which we live.
– Kate Merriman, Head Teacher
- Gloucestershire Dance Festival (2/13/2020) - Our dancers recently took part in the Gloucestershire Dance Festival at Cheltenham Town Hall. See below for the video of their fantastic performance on the theme of Toy Story Gloucestershire Dance Festival – Toy Story from Jake Muskett on Vimeo.
- Gastrells win the Sportshall Athletics County Championships! (2/4/2020) - HUGE CONGRATULATIONS to the Sportshall Athletics team who were the winners of the county finals on Thursday 23rd January. The children took part in a range of track and field events including javelin, long jump and speed bounce. Their performance was outstanding – winning many of their events streets ahead of the other participating teams. … Continue reading Gastrells win the Sportshall Athletics County Championships!
- Sportshall Athletics Champions (10/12/2019) - Stroud District Sportshall Athletics Champions On Friday 22nd November we took two teams to compete in the Stroud District Sportshall Athletics competition at Stratford Park. The children competed brilliantly in a series of track and field events across the afternoon against schools from around the district. Out of the 18 schools competing we were incredibly … Continue reading Sportshall Athletics Champions
- Gastrells 3rd in Big Dance Off National Finals (6/13/2019) - After a stunning win in the South West Dance Off Competition, Gastrells competed for the National crown and came a brilliant 3rd place with their Lion King showpiece.
- After School Club (6/12/2019) - Gastrells’ Afterschool club provides an after school snack, fun games and supervision for children aged 4 to 11 years of age, in a safe, happy environment, supervised by professional, experienced staff. Every day children can take part in a variety of activities, everything from Curling to Table Tennis indoors, as well as art and board … Continue reading After School Club