We have produced the short film below to give prospective parents a taste of life at Gastrells and below that is a slideshow from our Q & A Session on the 2nd December.
Returning to school on Monday 6th September 2021
Dear parents / carers,
We look forward to welcoming the children back to school on Monday 6th September, and getting to know our new starters too. We are so proud of our whole school community for making the most of opportunities during this unusual school year.
In September all children will arrive at 8.45am and depart at 3.15pm, but we have decided to keep the separate entrances for the time being, therefore:
Eagles will arrive and leave through balcony stairs, Owls through the playgarden and the rest of the school through the bottom playground.
We will keep parents updated with any additional information that we have had from the Government that may affect our arrangement before we start back.
Q. What does my child need to bring to school?
Children will need:
PE kit – every day
Lunch if needed, and water bottle
Healthy snack (KS2 – no nuts please, KS1- fruit provided in school)
Coat, hat and sunblock, according to the weather!
Q. Will school still be using Microsoft Teams?
We will still be using Teams to communicate with parents in classes, and we will continue to offer class assemblies and merits ‘live’ for those relatives and friends who can’t get to school to watch them as we progress through the year. New children will be provided with a log-in at the start of term.
Q. Will clubs be running?
Breakfast club and After School Club will be running for anyone in school (please contact the office if you would like to book your child in for this). As long as guidelines allow extra-curricular clubs will hopefully begin in the second week back.
Q. My child’s ill, what should I do?
If your child or someone else in your household is ill please continue to follow government guidelines, https://www.gov.uk/guidance/nhs-test-and-trace-how-it-works#part-1-people-who-develop-symptoms-of-coronavirus should they display any symptoms. If they are not displaying Covid symptoms please follow our normal school guidance which includes 48 hours at home after having sickness or diarrhoea.
Q. How do I contact my child’s class teacher?
If you need to contact the class teacher please feel free to email them however please be mindful that responses will not be as prompt as they will be with their classes during the school day. In the case of an emergency please contact the office.
- Kate Merriman: email@example.com
- Jake Muskett: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ben Lowe: email@example.com
- Lauren Kelly: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sarah Richardson: email@example.com
- Kayleigh Grace: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Clive Payne: email@example.com
- Chloe Woolls: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fiona Radway: email@example.com
- Admin: firstname.lastname@example.org
As previously should your child or anyone in your household present any Covid symptoms please make sure you do not send them into school, and then follow the guidelines.
Once again we thank you for all the support and we look forward to seeing you September to fill the school with children’s laughter and smiles. Should you have any further questions please contact us.
Kate Merriman and the Gastrells Team
Welcome to Gastrells Primary School
Gastrells Community Primary School is a thriving primary school in the Rodborough area of Stroud. We are a friendly, welcoming school where children achieve well in all aspects of school life.
At Gastrells Primary School we believe in a ‘Flying Start to a Life of Learning’. We teach the skills, knowledge and values that children need to handle the complexity and diversity of today’s world. As the children grow, we expect that they will gain respect for themselves, for each other and for the world in which we live.
– Kate Merriman, Head Teacher
- Gloucestershire Dance Festival (2/13/2020) - Our dancers recently took part in the Gloucestershire Dance Festival at Cheltenham Town Hall. See below for the video of their fantastic performance on the theme of Toy Story Gloucestershire Dance Festival – Toy Story from Jake Muskett on Vimeo.
- Gastrells win the Sportshall Athletics County Championships! (2/4/2020) - HUGE CONGRATULATIONS to the Sportshall Athletics team who were the winners of the county finals on Thursday 23rd January. The children took part in a range of track and field events including javelin, long jump and speed bounce. Their performance was outstanding – winning many of their events streets ahead of the other participating teams. … Continue reading Gastrells win the Sportshall Athletics County Championships!
- Sportshall Athletics Champions (10/12/2019) - Stroud District Sportshall Athletics Champions On Friday 22nd November we took two teams to compete in the Stroud District Sportshall Athletics competition at Stratford Park. The children competed brilliantly in a series of track and field events across the afternoon against schools from around the district. Out of the 18 schools competing we were incredibly … Continue reading Sportshall Athletics Champions
- Gastrells 3rd in Big Dance Off National Finals (6/13/2019) - After a stunning win in the South West Dance Off Competition, Gastrells competed for the National crown and came a brilliant 3rd place with their Lion King showpiece.
- After School Club (6/12/2019) - Gastrells’ Afterschool club provides an after school snack, fun games and supervision for children aged 4 to 11 years of age, in a safe, happy environment, supervised by professional, experienced staff. Every day children can take part in a variety of activities, everything from Curling to Table Tennis indoors, as well as art and board … Continue reading After School Club