Welcome to Gastrells Primary School
Gastrells Community Primary School is a thriving primary school in the Rodborough area of Stroud. We are a friendly, welcoming school where children achieve well in all aspects of school life.
At Gastrells Primary School we believe in a ‘Flying Start to a Life of Learning’. We teach the skills, knowledge and values that children need to handle the complexity and diversity of today’s world. As the children grow, we expect that they will gain respect for themselves, for each other and for the world in which we live.
– Kate Merriman, Head Teacher
- Sportshall Athletics Champions (10/12/2019) - Stroud District Sportshall Athletics Champions On Friday 22nd November we took two teams to compete in the Stroud District Sportshall Athletics competition at Stratford Park. The children competed brilliantly in a series of track and field events across the afternoon against schools from around the district. Out of the 18 schools competing we were incredibly … Continue reading Sportshall Athletics Champions
- Gastrells 3rd in Big Dance Off National Finals (6/13/2019) - After a stunning win in the South West Dance Off Competition, Gastrells competed for the National crown and came a brilliant 3rd place with their Lion King showpiece.
- Exciting After School Club Up and Running (6/12/2019) - Extend your child’s school day with Fit For Sport and ensure that they keep active throughout term-time! Fit For Sport, the UK’s leaders in engaging and educating children through fun physical activity, are delighted to be running the Extended School Clubs at our school. Fit For Sport plan lots of new and exciting activities every … Continue reading Exciting After School Club Up and Running
- Stroud District Cross Country – KS1 (5/22/2019) - Children from Gastrell’s school all went to Painswick RFC to compete in a windswept and occasionally very rainy cross country competition. All of the representatives ran very well and the support from their fellow classmates was phenomenal. Several children placed in the top 10 of some races and a few received medals for being in … Continue reading Stroud District Cross Country – KS1
Sonny won a prize in Andigestion’s Halloween Colouring Competition! For the full story and photographs visit: