Our Teaching Team
Jacob Muskett – Class Teacher
Rachel Smith – Teaching Assistant
Checkout our latest posts from our class blog below or just hit to button to get to our complete blog. It’s the best way to get the most up-to-date information about what we are up to and also has some great images – so dive in!!!
- A huge well done to everyone who took part in the cross country on Friday, I was so impressed to see everyone really push themselves!
- It was lovely for Eagles to meet their new buddy in Owls and share a story with them this afternoon!
- Task: To create an eco friendly home
- Over the last couple of weeks Eagles have been designing and creating their own Ancient Egyptian cartouche. In Egyptian hieroglyphs, a cartouche is an oval with a line at one end at right angles to the oval, indicating that the text enclosed is a royal name. Eagles used a method called batik an Indonesian technique of […]
- Despite the current guidelines it was brilliant to be able to share our Ancient Egyptian class assembly with pupils, teachers, parents and grandparents on Friday. The children worked incredibly hard to put the performance together which highlighted a number of different areas of life in Ancient Egypt that they have been studying. Well done everyone!
- In English this week we have been writing our own, tomb raider inspired, Ancient Egyptian narrative. We have been using the mnemonic DADWAVERS (description, action, dialogue, where, adverbial. verb. estimation of time, rhetorical question, simile/metaphor) to help us. We look forward to sharing our final pieces of work soon.
- We have been learning about light as part of our new science topic and created periscopes to investigate whether light only travels in straight lines.
- After 6 days of hard work and 238,489 correct answered times tables questions later we have been crowned the number 1 class in Gloucestershire on TTRS! To top this off because of all of your efforts the school has also finished in 1st place overall too! I am incredibly proud all your efforts, this is […]
- Spellings – prejudice, nuisance, hindrance, sacrifice, cemetery, certificate, celebrate, necessary, deceased, December – These are now on Spellingshed. Maths – Fractions problems, please look at the assignment on teams. English – ‘Gods of Egypt’ reading comprehension, there is no expectation this week to write the answers to the VIPERS questions down but we will be […]
- Well done to everyone for their efforts in taking part in the Stroud District Cross Country on Friday. The times will now be compiled and compared with the hundreds of other children across Stroud. If you enjoyed the run then you are welcome to join us on Friday for our second run of our new […]