Our Teaching Team
Jacob Muskett – Class Teacher
Rachel Smith – Teaching Assistant
Checkout our latest posts from our class blog below or just hit to button to get to our complete blog. It’s the best way to get the most up-to-date information about what we are up to and also has some great images – so dive in!!!
- Over the last couple of weeks Eagles have been designing and creating their own Ancient Egyptian cartouche. In Egyptian hieroglyphs, a cartouche is an oval with a line at one end at right angles to the oval, indicating that the text enclosed is a royal name. Eagles used a method called batik an Indonesian technique of […]
- Despite the current guidelines it was brilliant to be able to share our Ancient Egyptian class assembly with pupils, teachers, parents and grandparents on Friday. The children worked incredibly hard to put the performance together which highlighted a number of different areas of life in Ancient Egypt that they have been studying. Well done everyone!
- In English this week we have been writing our own, tomb raider inspired, Ancient Egyptian narrative. We have been using the mnemonic DADWAVERS (description, action, dialogue, where, adverbial. verb. estimation of time, rhetorical question, simile/metaphor) to help us. We look forward to sharing our final pieces of work soon.
- We have been learning about light as part of our new science topic and created periscopes to investigate whether light only travels in straight lines.
- After 6 days of hard work and 238,489 correct answered times tables questions later we have been crowned the number 1 class in Gloucestershire on TTRS! To top this off because of all of your efforts the school has also finished in 1st place overall too! I am incredibly proud all your efforts, this is […]
- Spellings – prejudice, nuisance, hindrance, sacrifice, cemetery, certificate, celebrate, necessary, deceased, December – These are now on Spellingshed. Maths – Fractions problems, please look at the assignment on teams. English – ‘Gods of Egypt’ reading comprehension, there is no expectation this week to write the answers to the VIPERS questions down but we will be […]
- Well done to everyone for their efforts in taking part in the Stroud District Cross Country on Friday. The times will now be compiled and compared with the hundreds of other children across Stroud. If you enjoyed the run then you are welcome to join us on Friday for our second run of our new […]
- Spellings – ancient, egyptians, pharaoh, pyramid, tomb, hieroglyphics, sarcophagus, archaeologist, sphinx, papyrus Maths – This task has been set on Microsoft Teams, please log into your account to complete. Slow Write – Please follow the instructions on the padlet below. https://padlet.com/jmuskett/8fg4kciqq3nh2n23
- This term Y6 have been developing their gymnastics by looking to improve their balance, control and flexibility. Over the last 4 P.E sessions the children have worked in groups of 3 or 4 to choreograph their own synchronized gymnastics routine, we hope you enjoy watching them.
- Hi Eagles, I hope you have a great half term below is your homework. Spellings: shoulder, smoulder, mould, thrown, known, blown, window, shallow, soul, poultry (These are now on Spelling Shed) – To be tested on Friday 6th November Reading: You should all have chosen a reading book to complete over half term, please make […]